Okay, so the title is a bit grandiose for what was essentially 4 questions distributed in-person, by text, and by Facebook!
It was a spur-of-the-moment thing that just sprang into existence, and, quite honestly, it took less time to gather the answers than it took to write them all up.
There aren’t any pictures or links to the various places because a) There are too many locations for us to source pictures of or add links to, and b) Use the Internet !!
These are all honest answers from real people that we know. Their experiences may differ from yours, but that’s okay…one man’s meat…etc.
Anywho – onwards!
These are the questions, along with ALL the answers that were given:
1. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TRAVEL DESTINATION OR EXPERIENCE? WHY?
* Barbados (2 votes) – The beach, Relaxing in the Caribbean sun.
* Crete, in Greece. Particularly the town of Elounda. Food, Scenery, the locals. It’s all just so special.
* The United Kingdom (3 votes) – History, Scenery, Architecture, and the locals are a hoot!
* New Zealand – Amazing contrasts between the 2 islands, a lot of history, wine, lovely people.
* Bali, Indonesia – many places to visit and the hotels/resorts are so affordable.
* Grand Cayman Island – Very nice people, who made us feel at home.
* Old European cities – I enjoy the history, architecture, and sightseeing.
* Grand Turk Island – Beautiful beaches
* Aruba – the weather & the resorts
* Hawaii – The island AND city experience, all in one.
2. WHAT WAS YOUR WORST TRAVEL DESTINATION OR EXPERIENCE? WHY?
* Phuket, Thailand – Too touristy & felt like locals were out for my money instead of showing me the beauty of the country.
* Boston, Massachusetts (2 votes) – The people. And it’s dull.
* Atlanta, Georgia – Seems like a depressing city.
* St. Lucia – The people were very pushy on that island.
* Virginia, USA – Nothing to do there.
* St. Thomas – Rude people.
* India – Mosquitoes and the heat.
* Spain – Got pickpocketed. Luckily, the wallet was returned with no loss, but definitely a bitter experience.
3. WHAT OR WHERE IS THE SINGLE BEST TRAVEL DESTINATION OR EXPERIENCE THAT YOU CAN DEFINITELY RECOMMEND TO OTHERS?
* Ayana Resort, Bali – Like Paradise. Tranquil, Relaxing, Zen.
* Budapest, Hungary – Amazing for history, things to do, value for money, and it’s so clean!
* Edinburgh, Scotland (2 votes) – Highly recommend you use Rabbies Tours.
* Sailing the fjords of Norway – Spectacular, breathtaking scenery.
* Singapore – Clean and lots to see & do.
* Easter Island
* Falkland Islands – those Rockhopper Penguins are the best!
* Barbados – the island is absolutely amazing. The people are very welcoming and helpful
* Hawaii (2 votes) – Oahu and the Big Island. Recommend you get the ‘Go Oahu Pass’; offers a lot of deals on places to see around Oahu!
* New Orleans, Louisiana, USA – Decent travel rates, glorious food, plenty to do on a budget.
* Cayman Islands (2 votes)
* Arizona, USA – Perfect weather and very nice people.
* Negril, Jamaica
* Rome, Italy
* Cozumel, Mexico or Turks & Caicos Islands
* Disneyworld, Florida
4. WHAT IS YOUR ULTIMATE/DREAM/BUCKET-LIST DESTINATION OR EXPERIENCE?
* African Safari (3 votes!)
* Rome, Italy
* Barcelona, Spain
* Australia (2 votes)
* Hawaii (2 votes) – Soooo relaxing!
* Fiji (2 votes)
* Small mountain railways on the India/Ghorka border
* Any place I can see the Aurora Borealis – maybe Alaska (2 votes) to also try dog-sledding and see whales up close.
* Bora Bora (2 votes), or The Maldives
* Drive coast-to-coast across the USA
* Japan or China
So, as you can see, lots of people like and dislike the same places (and sometimes for the exact same reasons). But, also, there are lots of different ideas on display here, and, hopefully, there is some inspiration somewhere in these answers that might fuel your next great vacation.
Let us know, yeah?